Designer Publications Kerala Pvt Ltd since its inception in 2003 promotes
good architecture and design practices throughout the country. It is a
committed forum that inspires designers, architects and strategic partners to
nurture our heritage and culture towards a sustainable India. The company
formed by a group of like-minded architects, engineers and journalists aims
at taking design and architecture to the masses through publications, events,
academic engagements and much more.
It is now a reputed publishing house which successfully runs four leading
architecture magazines – Designer + Builder (Malayalam), Veedum Planum
(Malayalam), Design Detail (English) and Building Services Journal (English).
The highly reputed Designer Institute of Interior Design (DiiD), an accredited
interior design training institute, is also under the publishing house.
The Publication division today has the following verticals:
Designer+Builder is the first architecture magazine in Malayalam language.
This monthly magazine, for the past 15 years has emerged as a pioneer
in B2C architecture publication. With a circulation count of over 92,000
per month, the magazine has avid readership among architects, interior
designers, affiliated professionals, and a large body of lay enthusiasts in
Kerala, major Indian cities, the UAE, and the US. Architect L. Gopakumar,
Managing Director, Designer Publications, is also the Chief Editor of this
Design Detail is a national monthly B2B architecture and design magazine
in English language targeted at architecture, interior design, structural
engineering and construction professionals, practitioners and students.
We are perhaps the only monthly architecture and design magazine that is
edited and led by architects. Our team led by Chief Editor Ar. Karan Grover
consists of design journalists, architect-writers and other domain experts.
We have a healthy circulation count of over 35,000 per issue pan-India with
a special focus on South and West regions.
Veedum Planum is a bimonthly Malayalam language B2C magazine, with a
readership of over 25,000 that focuses entirely on residences and is edited by
Designer Publications CEO Dr. Rema S. Kartha .It is very specifically focused
on the Kerala market, and addresses the needs of readers who are planning
Building Services Journal is a quarterly magazine which caters to all building
services related to Electrical, Plumbing & Sanitation, Air conditioning,
Acoustics, Vertical Transportation, Fire & Safety, HVAC, Lighting Design and
Facilities Planning. Renowned Ar. N. Mahesh is the Managing Editor of the
Saakruti is Kannada’s first architecture magazine launched in August 2016.
Edited by Prof. Dr. Rama Subrahmanian, this B2C magazine offers a platform
for the lay Kannada reading public to engage with design and architecture
Indian Plumbing Today the official monthly journal of the Indian Plumbing
Association (IPA). This B2B magazine, with an All India subscriber base of
over 2500 reaches plumbing and structural engineers, architects, product
partners, and allied businesses and Designer Publications Kerala (Pvt) Ltd
were the publishers of it from 2016 to 2018.
Books on Architecture and allied fields – Keralathile 111 Architectukal,
Sundarabhavanangal (Coffee Table Book), Indian Plumbing Association
Directory, Pathfinder, Kitchen Designs, Furniture Designs to name a few.
II. Our Events, Relationships and Other Platforms:
1. Media Partnerships:
We have successfully associated/will be associating with the following
International and National Events as Knowledge, Media and Magazine
• FOAID (Festival of Architecture and Interior Design) events since 2016
• SAID expo’s Design Perspectives in different cities since 2016
• IIA NATCON 2015, Kolkata
• The 361 Degree Conference organized by IA& B since 2013
• The Z-Axis Conference organized by Charles Correa Foundation
• ET SmartGreen Awards 2015
• Roof India Exhibitions since 2016
• India Wood Exhibitions since 2016
• Economic Times ET Edge Architecture & Design Summit 2015
• Holy Crescent College of Architecture symposium, ‘ADDA’ 2015, Kochi
• World Interior Meet, Guangzhou, December 2014
• Estrade Real Estate Awards 2015, Singapore
• IIA Kerala Chapter Award Night hosted by Kottayam
• ACETECH Build expo 2016
• DC School of Architecture & Design Symposium 2017
• Delhiwood 2017
• Many Seminars and Symposiums organized by various IIA centres
• NASA 2018 at DC College of Architecture, Wagamon
• Engage – July 2018 (Ludhiana)
• Enigma ’18, Zonal NASA Convention at Eranad Knowledge City
College of Architecture
• Vistaara 2018 at MES School of Architecture
• Sqrfactor – October 2018 – Online medium Event
• Design Perspective 2018 (In all major cities)
• Design Next – September 2018 (New Delhi)
• AMAZE – October 2018 (Mumbai)
• Architecture World Expo organized by IIA Kottayam Centre, November
• RENSFED exhibition at Malappuram, November 2018
• CREDAI Property plus Expo organized by Credai Kochi, December
• Hindustan International Furniture Fair at Angamali –December 2018
• rat[LAB] Communications – January 2019 (Mumbai, New Delhi)
• Roof India – June 2019 (Chennai)
• India Woods – March 2019 (Bangalore)
• 9th China International Prefab House Modular Building & Mobile House
and Space Fair (PMMHF 2019) – May 15th-17th, 2019 (Guangzhou)
2. Designer Knowledge Foundation:
Additionally, we have developed the following event platforms for facilitating
architecture and allied fields through the Foundation:
a) ‘Parikrama’: Our Design Tour that has so far travelled to Trivandrum,
Ahmadabad, Bangalore and Chandigarh. We were honoured to have the
support of the respective IIA chapter and IIID Centre in each city.
b) ‘Saya’: Our annual National symposium for young architects and
architecture students started in 2015
c) ‘Sthapatheeyam’: Our national bi-annual assemblage for practicing
architects and thought leaders since 2006.
d) A number of Architects conferences with leading national and
international architects as Keynote speakers.
e) Workshops and Meets such as fabricators meet, plumbers meet, masons
meet etc aimed at the skilled force of the industry.
III. Our Institute:
Designer Institute of Interior Design
The vision envisaged by the Designer Publications Kerala Pvt. Ltd is taking
shape through the Designer Institute of Interior Design [DiiD]. The Institute
is all about educating and equipping students, professionals, learners in
the field of Interior Design. Interior Design is a fast developing discipline.
Its importance lies in the fact that the interior use of an enclosed space is
changing frequently due to the fast changing life styles. Thus the need of
an interior designer will increase in the coming years. Designer Institute of
Interior Design situated at Ravipuram, in the heart of the Kochi, established
in 2011 has already become a leading design Institute of design in the state.
In the process, DiiD aims to create design professionals and entrepreneurs
with the sensitivity, the sensibility and the ability to eventually contribute
in a fully aware and insightful manner, to societal needs. The prospectus
provides comprehensive information on all programs at DiiD. Currently
we are the only accredited interior designing training institute offering the
KITCO– ASSOCHAM Consortium Diplomas in Interior Designing.
IV. Online presence:
We are represented globally through our web portals
Our reach and presence through our products:
Pan India, Middle East, Southeast Asia and countries where there is a Malayali