Mission: Facilitating Architecture
Designer Publications Kerala Pvt. Ltd. since its inception in 2003 promotes good architecture and design practices throughout the country. It is a committed forum that inspires designers, architects and strategic partners to nurture our heritage and culture towards a sustainable India.
The company formed by a group of like-minded architects, engineers and journalists aims at taking design and architecture to the masses through publications, events, academic engagements and much more.
It is now a reputed publishing house which successfully runs four leading architecture magazines – Designer + Builder (Malayalam), Veedum Planum (Malayalam), Design Detail (English) and Building Services Journal (English). The highly reputed Designer Institute of Interior Design (DiiD), an accredited interior design training institute, is also under the publishing house.
The Publication division today has the following verticals:
Designer+Builder is the first architecture magazine in the Malayalam language. This monthly magazine, for the past 15 years has emerged as a pioneer in B2C architecture publication.
With a circulation count of over 92,000 per month, the magazine has avid readership among architects, interior designers, affiliated professionals, and a large body of lay enthusiasts in Kerala, major Indian cities, the UAE, and the US.
Architect L. Gopakumar, Managing Director, Designer Publications, is also the Chief Editor of this magazine.
Design Detail is a national monthly B2B architecture and design magazine in the English language targeted at architecture, interior design, structural engineering and construction professionals, practitioners and students.
We are perhaps the only monthly architecture and design magazine that is edited and led by architects. Our team led by Chief Editor Ar. Karan Grover consists of design journalists, architect-writers and other domain experts. We have a healthy circulation count of over 35,000 per issue pan-India with a special focus on the South and West regions.
Veedum Planum is a bimonthly Malayalam language B2C magazine, with a readership of over 25,000 that focuses entirely on residences and is edited by Designer Publications CEO Dr. Rema S. Kartha. It is very specifically focused on the Kerala market and addresses the needs of readers who are planning new homes.
Building Services & Utilities is a quarterly magazine which caters to all building services related to Electrical, Plumbing & Sanitation, Air conditioning, Acoustics, Vertical Transportation, Fire & Safety, HVAC, Lighting Design and Facilities Planning. Renowned Ar. N. Mahesh is the Managing Editor of the magazine.
Inscape is a national monthly official magazine of Institute of Indian Interior Designers (IIID) published by Designer Publications Kerala Pvt. Ltd. We encompass a wide range of creative design fields targeted at architects, interior designers, engineers, construction professionals, art & craft artists and students. Our team led by IIID National President & Managing Editor Ar. Jabeen L Zacharias is a spirited mix of design journalists, architect-writers and other skilled professionals that strive to bring forth exclusive and quality content for their beloved readers.
Saakruti is Kannada’s first architecture magazine launched in August 2016. Edited by Prof. Dr. Rama Subrahmanian, this B2C magazine offers a platform for the lay Kannada reading public to engage with design and architecture ideas.
Indian Plumbing Today the official monthly journal of the Indian Plumbing Association (IPA). This B2B magazine, with an All India subscriber base of over 2500 reaches plumbing and structural engineers, architects, product partners, and allied businesses and Designer Publications Kerala (Pvt) Ltd were the publishers of it from 2016 to 2018.
Books on Architecture and allied fields – Keralathile 111 Architectukal, Sundarabhavanangal (Coffee Table Book), 100 Swapnabhavanangal (Coffee Table Book), Indian Plumbing Association Directory, Pathfinder, Kitchen Designs, Furniture Designs to name a few.
Our Events, Relationships and Other Platforms
- Media Partnerships:
We have successfully associated/will be associating with the following International and National Events as Knowledge, Media and Magazine Partners:
- FOAID (Festival of Architecture and Interior Design), New.Delhi & Mumbai – 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- SAID expo’s Design Perspectives in different cities since 2016
- IIA NATCON 2015, Kolkata
- The 361 Degree Conference organized by IA& B since 2013
- The Z-Axis Conference organized by Charles Correa Foundation
- ET SmartGreen Awards 2015
- Roof India Exhibitions since 2016
- India Wood Exhibition, Bangalore – 2016, 2018, 2020
- Economic Times ET Edge Architecture & Design Summit 2015
- Holy Crescent College of Architecture symposium, ‘ADDA’ 2015, Kochi
- World Interior Meet, Guangzhou, December 2014
- Estrade Real Estate Awards 2015, Singapore
- IIA Kerala Chapter Award Night hosted by Kottayam
- ACETECH Build expo 2016, 2017, 2019
- DC School of Architecture & Design Symposium 2017
- Delhiwood 2017
- Many Seminars and Symposiums organized by various IIA centres since 2003
- NASA 2018 at DC College of Architecture, Wagamon
- Engage – July 2018 (Ludhiana)
- Enigma ’18, Zonal NASA Convention at Eranad Knowledge City College of Architecture
- Vistaara 2018 at MES School of Architecture
- Sqrfactor – October 2018 – Online medium Event
- Design Perspective 2018 (In all major cities)
- Design Next – September 2018 (New Delhi)
- AMAZE – October 2018 (Mumbai)
- Architecture World Expo organized by IIA Kottayam Centre, November 2018
- RENSFED exhibition at Malappuram, November 2018
- CREDAI Property plus Expo organized by Credai Kochi, December 2018
- Hindustan International Furniture Fair at Angamali –December 2018, 2019.
- rat[LAB] Communications – January 2019 (Mumbai, New Delhi)
- 9th China International Prefab House Modular Building & Mobile House and Space Fair (PMMHF 2019) – May 15th-17th, 2019 (Guangzhou)
- TEDXCUSAT – September 2019
- IIA National Awards, Trivandrum – October 2019
- MumbaiWood, Mumbai – October 2019
- INTER X, Thrissur, Kerala – November 2019
- Kochi Design Week- December 2019
- HIFF, Coimbatore – April 2020
Designer Knowledge Foundation:
Additionally, we have developed the following event platforms for facilitating architecture and allied fields through the Foundation:
- ‘Parikrama’: Our Design Tour that has so far traveled to Trivandrum, Ahmadabad, Bangalore, and Chandigarh. We were honored to have the support of the respective IIA chapter and IIID Centre in each city.
- ‘Saya’: Our annual National symposium for young architects and architecture students started in 2015.
- ‘Sthapatheeyam’: Our national bi-annual assemblage for practicing architects and thought leaders since 2006.
- A number of Architects conferences with leading national and international architects as Keynote speakers.
- Workshops and Meets such as fabricators meet, plumbers meet, masons meet, etc aimed at the skilled force of the industry.
- DB Super Brands Awards: A new initiative of the company would provide the general public, an opportunity to voice their opinion and pinpoint the brands who provide the best of products and services within the industry, to propagate the concept of quality in service and to also weed out inferior products, and make a cleansing impact in the Architectural Products and Services Industry. Twenty categories are there as explained in the Gallup Poll, which is online through a dedicated website, www.dbsuperbrands.com. Awards would be bestowed in a gala event on December 19.
Designer Institute of Interior Design
The vision envisaged by the Designer Publications Kerala Pvt. Ltd is taking shape through the Designer Institute of Interior Design [DiiD]. The Institute is all about educating and equipping students, professionals, learners in the field of Interior Design. Interior Design is a fast-developing discipline.
Its importance lies in the fact that the interior use of an enclosed space is changing frequently due to the fast-changing lifestyles. Thus the need for an interior designer will increase in the coming years. Designer Institute of Interior Design situated at Ravipuram, in the heart of the Kochi, established in 2011 has already become a leading design Institute of design in the state.
In the process, DiiD aims to create design professionals and entrepreneurs with the sensitivity, the sensibility and the ability to eventually contribute in a fully aware and insightful manner, to societal needs. Currently, we are the only accredited interior designing training institute offering the KITCO– ASSOCHAM Consortium Diplomas in Interior Designing.
We are represented globally through our web portals: –
Our reach and presence through our products:
Pan India, the Middle East, Southeast Asia